Monday, December 3, 2012

Oh the weather outside is weather...

It's Monday.  I know I don't even need to say anything else.


It's a good thing I'm wearing my favorite yellow pants today because that's the best part about this day.  I don't have much of a weekend recap for you because my weekend was pretty lame.  I worked Friday and Saturday night.  So naturally I woke up late Saturday morning and watched NetFlix until I had to get ready for work.  Sunday, I woke up late again and caught up on laundry before running to Target to buy some Christmas decorations.  Our apartment needed a little holiday cheer.  We don't have our tree up yet and I bought the wrong size holiday lights so I couldn't put those up either.  But, we have a couple of cute Christmas signs, stockings (even Marley got a stocking this year), a wreath for the front door, and a lovely holiday candle.  Vinnie was gone all weekend visiting his friend in Quincy (and partying like a college dude again judging from the story he told me about trying to shot gun a beer and puking everywhere) so it was just me and Marley.

I think he's mean muggin me!

At least someone was home to keep me company all weekend!
 
Wanna know what's weird?  The weather:


Today is December 3 and the high is almost 70 degrees.  Did I mention I live in Chicago???  It's normally below 20 degrees and snowing by now!  I'm not complaining but if you notice in the above picture, it's supposed to drop 30 degrees in 2 days and be 37 degrees by Wednesday.  Prepare yourself allergies, you are not going to be happy with the extreme weather changes that keep taking place!  Mother Nature, please make up your mind!

In other news, I've been trying to think of something cute and simple (and not too expensive) to get for Vinnie's relatives for Christmas.  I stumbled across these wine bags while I was shopping the holiday sale section on the Crate and Barrel website today.

Snowburst Felt Wine Bag and Gift Bag
Not only are these pretty adorable for the holiday season, but they are also on sale for $4.17 each.  I bought a few of them and decided I am going to buy a bottle of wine for each family and put it in these wine bags.  Voila...cheap and cute Christmas present for Vinnie's relatives!  So if you're struggling with gift ideas and have a family that loves wine as much as mine and Vinnie's, take my advice and buy a few of these bags before they run out!  Now all I need is a few cute holiday tins to put the Christmas cookies I plan on making in and I'll pretty much be all set for my holiday shopping!  Ahh, it feels good!

Welp, that's about all that's been going through this head of mine on this oddly warm Monday afternoon.  I hope Mother Nature (and global warming) is being as kind to everyone else as she is to Chicago!  I also hope she doesn't decide to make it blizzard outside next week now that I've gone and jinxed myself with all of this nice weather talk!  I haven't bought snow boots yet!  Ta ta for now!

XO. Tarah

No comments:

Post a Comment