Thursday, December 20, 2012

Saw it. Pinned it. Did it. Candy Cane Blossoms!

Hi Friends!

We've almost made it to the weekend!  Hip hip hooray!

Today I'm linking up with Steph and Katie for Saw it. Pinned it. Did it.


I love baking cookies, especially around Christmas time.  So I thought that by this time, with only 5 days until Christmas, I would have baked millions of cookiesSadly I've been so busy lately that I haven't had time to bake much.  But I did find time Tuesday night to bake these lovelies.

Original Source
Candy Cane Blossoms!  P.S. that link has 20 of the best Christmas cookie recipes in the world!

These cookies are so festive and adorable...oh and did I mention delicious!!!

Candy Cane Blossoms
recipe from Hershey's
1 bag Hershey;s Kisses brand Candy Cane Kisses
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 egg
2 cups all purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
2 tablespoons milk
Red and Green colored sugar
 
Directions:
Preheat over to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Remove wrappers from candies (approx. 35)
Beat butter, sugar, vanilla, and egg in large bowl until well blended. Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; add alternatively with milk to butter mixture, beating until well blended.
Shape dough into 1 inch balls. Roll in red and/or green colored sugar. Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake 8 - 1o minutes or until edges are lightly browned and cookies is set. Remove from oven; cool 2 to 3 minutes. Press candy piece into center of each cookie. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely. Yields approximately 35 cookies. 
 
I must have made mine too big because this recipe definitely only yielded about 24 cookies.  
 

 
I'm saving these for Christmas presents so Vinnie was quite sad when he came home from work and I told him not to touch these.  Lucky for him I flipped 3 of them on accident before they were cooled so the hershey kiss got all messed up and he got to eat them.  I highly recommend making these cookies if you need a cute, festive cookie to make for Christmas!

And since I haven't shared how Saturday went when my parents came to visit me, here's some pictures:



Shots?  Explains why I felt like I felt on Sunday!

Oh and here's what happens when someone *cough* Vinnie *cough* gets your dog too excited and he starts running around wagging his tail like the weapon that it is:
 

Another glass bites the dust.  Thanks crazy helicopter tail.  Oh well, who can be mad at this precious little face!?
 
 
 XO. Tarah

No comments:

Post a Comment