Friday, July 12, 2013

Feel Good Friday

I am soooo glad it's Friday.  Even though I've been really busy this week, it still seems like it's gone by kind of slow.  That may be because it was the first full week back after a long holiday weekend.

I'm definitely feeling good today because this weekend is going to be full of shennanigans.  I already took a vacation day from work on Monday because I know I'm going to need that day to re-cooperate.  Too bad I forgot to take Monday night off so I'm actually gonna end up having to work one of my jobs but hey, at least I'll be able to sleep in because I won't be getting much sleep this weekend.  I'm working tonight and then getting up bright and early tomorrow morning for Maggie's bachelorette party, which everyone is coming here for, and then Sunday my parents are coming to visit!

Alright, I'm getting excited just thinking about it so let me switch gears and tell you what else I'm feelin good about today...


This probably isn't a good one to start with because I'm feeling both good and bad about this.  My bridesmaid dress finally came in for Maggie's wedding.  We ordered them 3 months ago so why it took this long for them to come in doesn't make sense to me.  Maybe they had little fairies hand sewing all of them.  Even if that was the case though, Cinderella's mice and bird friends maid her a big, beautiful gown for the ball and it took them like what...an hour?  Back to the point of this story, I'm glad it finally came in and I'm glad I found someone to alter it in time for the wedding (2 weeks away) but it cost me a pretty penny because it was so freaking gigantic on me and also it looks like I'm wearing tinfoil.  You also can't see it but there's a big fluffing bow in the back and just screams 'I'm an ugly bridesmaid...look at the bride, not at me!'  Normally I would say, I'm definitely never ever wearing this robot suit dress again but since it's costing me half of a paycheck in the end, it will now be in regular rotation in my wardrobe.  "Oh you wanna go to the movies Vinnie?  Hold on a second let me put on my movie date dress!  Let's take Marley for a walk?  Just give me a minute, I need to put on my dog walking dress."  Yep, I can see it now.

Scary woman creeping in the back of my picture alert!



Moving on to better things, the St. Louis Cardinals are in Chicago for a 4 game series against the Cubs and I'm going to not one, but two games this weekend.  Yep, I'm going to a game tomorrow night for part of the bachelorette party shenans and then Sunday night with my parents and Vinnie because I bought my dad tickets for Father's Day.  I'm super excited and really the Cardinals pull of at least one win.  Also really wishing my brother and sister could be a part of this weekend because that would just really make it the best weekend ever.  


There's the bride to be and me.  Looks like 2 ladies I'd like to party with...bachelorette style.  What more is there to say?

Also, I know I talk about the weather like all the freaking time but I just have to say that this weekend's forecast is basically sunny with a high of 82 degrees and the most perfect summer weekend Chicago ever did see.  But really, today on the radio they even said it sounds like it's going to be the perfect summer weekend here in Chicago, so I'm looking forward to that.

And last but not least...



I know I say this all the dang time but my boyfriend is stupidly handsome and adorable and he got so excited because he got a picture with the Stanley Cup, THE Stanley Cup, and I mean I can't blame him because look you guys, he's touching THE STANLEY CUP!  I'm jealous.  And then this morning he and Marley were all sleeping in bed (yes Marley is in that picture asleep on our bed you just can't see him because he camouflages into our comforter so look closely) and I was getting ready to leave for work and I just wanted to hop back in bed and sleep in with them.  But instead I took a picture and posted it on instagram to which Vinnie commented 'I feel like I'm being spied on' and that ruined the cuteness of the picture.  Anyways, it's still cute.

Have a super awesome weekend guys!  See you on Tuesday, if I make it to Tuesday after this excitement filled weekend!

XO. Tarah

 

No comments:

Post a Comment