Tuesday, July 9, 2013

4th of July 2013

Hello!  Hope you all had a lovely Independence Day and long holiday weekend!  I'm currently in a state of depression that it's all over and I'm back to the hustle and bustle of my adult life in the real world (aka working and then working some more).  Luckily this coming weekend I've got some pretty sweet plans, so at least I have something to look forward to...see this depression is seriously kicking in.

My holiday weekend started off Wednesday.  I got out of work a few hours early and decided to head to the mall to hit up the holiday sales.  That was a bad idea seeing as everyone else had the same idea.  I didn't find anything (shocking I know) and it ended up taking me suuuuuper long to get home because of the holiday traffic...it seems as though every single person who owns a car in Chicago was driving at the exact same time that I was.  My night turned around when we went to our friends Julianne and Phil's house for a relaxing night.  We had good food, yummy drinks, girl talk upstairs for me, and beer pong/golf talk downstairs for Vinnie.  

Thursday was the 4th of July.  I slept in, and it felt so so good.  I took Marley for a walk and then ran some errands while Vinnie was at work.  He got home later that afternoon and we took the train downtown.  



We definitely made the mistake of trying to head over to Navy Pier to see the fireworks.  Living in Chicago, we should have known better, because that's where all of the tourists go and during the 4th of July apparently there's a million tourists in town.  It was so packed that at some point the police wouldn't let any more people come near that area.  We said 'eff the fireworks' and headed to Timothy O'Toole's for some food and some much needed drinks.

This was before we realized how chaotic Navy Pier was.

We both got SixPoint beers...how cute :)

Shots of Patron

Cheers to America!
There's nothing like eating at an Irish bar and taking shots of tequila to celebrate America...right?!

After we ate and had a couple of drinks we decided to head back to the train station and go home.  We did see some fireworks on our walk to the train station and on our ride home so I'm pretty satisfied.  When we got home we had another drink and relaxed with the Marley Monster.

I love this picture.


<3

Friday morning we had to get up at 5:30 am because Vinnie had a flight to Columbus, OH to visit his dad.  So the rest of my weekend was pretty lame.  It consisted of work, cleaning, doing dishes, laundry, a little bit of laying out (aka sweating my buns off), and more work.  I picked Vinnie up at the airport at 11:30 pm on Sunday because his flight was delayed 3 hours and pretty much haven't seen him since because we've both been working so dang much.  I'm just glad we were able to enjoy our 4th of July together.

Hope everyone else had a lovely, relaxing holiday!

XO. Tarah

 

No comments:

Post a Comment