Friday, October 11, 2013

Chicago Bears Game...and a small announcement

Happy Friday!

Today is going to be a bit of a struggle for me.  Vinnie and I went to the Bears game last night, my first Bears game!  And my first NFL game!  It was awesome.  He picked me up from work and we went straight to tailgate.  A couple of hotdogs and Coors lites later and we headed into Soldier Field.  The Bears beat the Giants.  It wasn't pretty, but they won.  So this morning I'm looking less than par (trying to give myself a little credit because I put mascara on at least), chowing down on donuts, and drinking water, vitamin water, and coffee.  Since the game was on a Thursday night I didn't really know what to expect.  I figured people still have to work on Friday so there might not be that many hammered fools.  I was wrong.  I forgot about how I live in Chicago and there are always going to be hammered fools, all day every day.   

Tailgating before the game

Double fisting a hotdog and a cigar.  That's my man.

Friends!

Heading in to the game.

We had great seats, right on the 50 yard line.

<3

Totally worth it.

And in other news, my announcement of sorts, today is my last day at my current job!  And it's my last weekend at my part time restaurant/bar job!  That's right folks, after all of this time of me complaining about having 2 jobs that take up all of my time, I received a job offer that is allowing me to quit both of my current jobs!  Hallelujah!

As much as I've complained though, I have made a lot of friends at both of my jobs and I will really miss everyone.  I've worked in restaurants either full or part time since I was 16 years old though, so I'm really looking forward to stepping away from that and actually having weekends free.  

Since I do a lot of blogging while working at my current job (shhh!), I'm not sure what's in store for this blog.  Obviously I don't want to quit cold turkey but there's going to be a little bit of a shift and a lot of getting used to a new schedule.  We'll see how it goes though, taking it all one step at a time.  

Onward and upward my friends!  Have a lovely weekend!

XO. Tarah

1 comment: