Thursday, April 4, 2013

What I'm Loving...

It's April.  Holy Cow, it's April!  Hello April, I welcome you with open arms.  

On that note, I can't believe how fast time is flying as of late.  I've been pretty busy and active, which is why I've also been a little MIA from this blogosphere lately (blogosphere? That's a real word in my mind).  I've also been on a pretty lame schedule lately, consisting of doing pretty much the same 3 things everyday (work, eat, gym, and a little Vinnie/Marley cuddling in between) so I haven't had too much to talk about.  Anyways, I'm back and here is what I am loving lately.

1.  Spring Weather

     Duh.  I've spent most of this winter complaining about the nasty ass weather and how living in Chicago + snow + cold = sucks.  So now that it is officially spring and the sun is finally starting to show it's pretty little sunshiney face and the weather is taking a turn for the better, you better believe I am one happy girl.  I feel like my emotions and mood are super affected by the weather.  Not all the time, but a majority of the time.  It's still been a little chilly here but ever since the sun started shining I've been in such a happy mood and have been really productive.  Today the high is 57 degrees and Saturday I think it's 63 degrees...which basically sounds like heaven to me. 

2.  Easter Candy

     So, I'll be honest, my Easter was pretty uneventful.  However, I still managed to buy 15 lbs of Easter candy.  This was a dumb decision since I am leaving for Vegas in a week and I'll be wearing a swimsuit...in public (aka in front of other people).  Nobody wants to see a Cadbury Egg Belly (which is equivalent to a beer belly, just without the beer) in a swimsuit.  On a positive note, I have been hitting up the gym on a regular basis so maybe eating Easter candy for breakfast is just my subtle reminder to hit the gym up after I spend the rest of the day at work eating the 9 pieces of candy I threw in my purse for lunch.  Yes, it is true that at least once this week I consumed Easter candy for both breakfast and lunch but it is also true that candy tastes better in the form of rabbits and eggs so really I am not to blame for these decisions I make.  Also, note that this is not be complaining about Easter candy.  I thoroughly enjoy having a stomachache everyday around 3 pm because of all the candy I have consumed that day.  

Source

3.  Since we're already talking about food we might as well stick to the subject - Taco Bell Cool Ranch Doritos Locos Taco

     Seriously guys, it will change your life.  I haven't eaten Taco Bell in literally years but I've heard so much hype about this taco that I figured I would give it a shot so Vinnie went to Taco Bell and brought us back a couple of these babies.  Heaven at first bite.

 
Source
4.  Baseball Season  

     For me, Spring + nice weather = start of baseball season and all things are right in the world of Tarah.   I love baseball, I love baseball season, and more importantly I love the St. Louis Cardinals.  Yes, I live in Chicago and am a die hard Cardinals fan.  It will now make sense when I am found murdered in my sleep and an STL tattoo is found on my body during the autopsy and the coroner confirms that the cause of death was murder of a Cardinals fan living in the wrong city.  Ok, that's actually not funny because the crime rates in Chicago are extremely high and this could actually happen.  Also, yes, I do have an STL tattoo.  Fan for life bitches.

 
Yes, I am dating, in love with, and live with a Cubs fan.  How we've lasted this long is beyond me.





In case you were wondering, yes, I did cry when Albert Pujols left the Cardinals.  I still silently sob every once in a while when I see him in an Angels jersey.

5.  Macklamore 

     Ok, by now everyone and their grandpa has heard the song 'Thrift Shop' by Macklamore.  Sure the radio stations over play it and after a couple more weeks we are all going to be begging them to stop before our ears start bleeding like they do when we hear 'Call Me Maybe' by Carly Rae Jepson but for now I still get down everytime it comes on.  I just recently discovered Grooveshark (aka the new Pandora only better) and I've been listening to all of his other songs and guys, he's great.  I mean...GREAT.  He also is an advocate for same sex marriage and gay rights and I think that's wonderful.  His song 'Same Love' expresses his views on this and homophobia in the hip hop society and I respect the shit out of this man.  Also, this song is beautiful.
     

Same Love by Macklemore on Grooveshark



6.  The color Mint

     I obviously did a whole post on my new obsession with this color but now that Spring has sprung and this color actually works with the weather...my obsession is at a whole new level.  I recently purchased a mint green peplum tank from Express and a striped mint blouse from Miss Chic and I am dying to wear them both.  A pair of Mint skinny jeans and some mint heels are now on my spring wish list.

Mint Peplum from Express

Mint Striped Tank from Miss Chic

7.  Dresses

     Obviously, this is due to the Spring weather.  Basically I just realized this post should have been titled 'Why I love Spring' but since we've come this far I'm not going to go back and reword this whole thing (not that it would take too much effort).  I love dresses and am excited to actually wear them now that it is finally nice out.  I've gotten a couple of really cute dresses that I plan on bringing to Vegas.  I also love that going to Vegas gave me a really good reason to start shopping for Spring/Summer.  Now I just need to get rid of half of my closet to actually make room for everything I've bought recently.  You know it's bad when you start hiding packages you've received in the mail from your boyfriend so that he doesn't think you've spent 3 whole paychecks and your half of the rent for the month on clothes.  Whoops.  I spent weeks pondering if I was going to buy the black high-lo dress below.  I know that this whole high-lo fad is a big thing now but I didn't know if I would like it.  The dress went on sale and I was like...fine, the dress Gods begging me to buy it so I will.  I'm glad I did, it's totally cute with a pair of heels.

Dress from Sosie on Sale!

Miss Chic

8.  Summer Shandy/Summer beers

     Summer Shandy is officially back in season.  I love summer beers but I especially love them when they first come back into season because it reminds me that summer and warm weather are just around the corner and it makes me think I am laying on a beach in the hot summer sun enjoying a delicious beverage...ahh, nothing is better.  I've also never actually laid on a beach while drinking a summer shandy but I imagine if I did, nothing would be better.  

First Summer Shandy of the year!  Many more to come!

9.  Flowers from my sweet boyfriend

     He bought me beautiful Easter Lillies for Easter and they are beautiful and make my apartment smell lovely.  My boy is a keeper.

 
10.  I don't have a 10 but I didn't want to end on 9.  So 10 is me asking you not to judge me because 3 of the things I love are food/beverage related.  I didn't ask for these things to make me happy, they just do.

Happy April!  Happy Spring!  

XO. Tarah






No comments:

Post a Comment